The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking a Communications Supervisor to support its public involvement program. Primary work functions include leading community engagement efforts including developing educational content and facilitating engagement with members of the public. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Developing and implementing a work plan to establish community engagement program
- Developing print and digital content, including interactive activities, for community engagement program
- Developing and distributing materials to promote the availability of the community engagement program to community organizations
- Cultivating relationships with community organizations, particularly in underserved communities
- Coordinating efforts closely of community engagement program with business outreach efforts
- Engaging members of the public directly with content of community engagement program
- Overseeing efforts to incorporate innovation into community outreach initiatives
- Overseeing public involvement efforts such as public meetings and community outreach events
- Supervising staff
- Developing work plans and budgets
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) and able to read, write and speak Spanish proficiently
- Detail oriented, organized, creative, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, public administration or related field
- At least three years of job-related experience
- Supervisory experience desired
- Experience working with members of the public
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer