The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking a Communications Coordinator or Communications Supervisor to support its government relations program, including policy development and monitoring of legislative activity. This posting is for the Communications Supervisor position. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for the Communications Coordinator position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitoring legislative and regulatory actions at the federal and State levels related to transportation and air quality
- Summarizing and analyzing the impact of legislation and rulemaking
- Providing written and oral legislative updates
- Assisting with the preparation of policy priorities at the federal and State levels related to transportation and air quality, including the facilitation of committee meetings of policy makers
- Leading efforts to conduct outreach and education for elected officials at the federal, State and local levels
- Preparing correspondence and educational materials to conduct outreach with elected officials
- Developing work plans and budgets
- Supervising staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented, organized, creative, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Knowledge and understanding of federal and Texas legislative processes
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation legislative issues desired
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Work requires a Bachelor’s degree in political science, public relations, public administration or related field
- At least three years of job-related experience
- Supervisory experience desired
- Experience working with elected officials
- Experience reading, interpreting, writing and analyzing legislation and rulemaking
Minimum of $55,184.00 per year
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer