- Job Description
The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking an entry- or mid-level Communications Specialist to strengthen and support the Transportation Department’s Marketing program and support the region’s knowledge of and engagement in air quality and transportation projects/programs/policies. Typical activities include creating communication design elements for Transportation Department projects/programs/policies, designing layout of print and digital publications, and assisting with taking and editing photos and videos. This posting is for the entry-level Communications Specialist I position. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for the mid-level Communications Specialist II position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with the development of air quality and transportation communication efforts and elements, including primarily creative design and publication layout elements and communication plans, videos, and correspondence
- Assisting with the development of air quality and transportation awareness campaigns by drafting logos and other artwork, fliers, invitations, infographics, presentations, mailers, advertisements, campaign messages and other educational pieces
- Working effectively with Agency and Transportation Department staff to design and publish materials and assist with development and implementation of a consistent look to all department educational materials
- Assisting with the development of graphic and visualization elements of transportation and air quality plans and programs.
- Maintaining photo/graphics library
- Assisting with air quality and transportation events as well as other meetings
- Providing customer service, presentations, and correspondence to the general public, partners, and stakeholders
- Serving as a representative of NCTCOG’s goals and mission
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience in Adobe Premiere/Aftereffects, desired
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and creative, with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree.
- One year or less of job-related experience.
Minimum of $32,976.00 annually
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
ARLINGTON, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer