Environmental Planning –> General
616 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, Texas
The Environment & Development department is searching for a dynamic individual to manage the computer and technology resources. This individual will also oversee the development, production, and release of digital media assets and materials for use by the agency, the public, and other agencies and for release to social media and other forms of press for all programs within the department.
About the Environment & Development Department:
Working together with over 230 member governments including 16 counties, numerous cities, school districts, and special districts, the Environment & Development department guides and promotes collaboration among public entities to progressively address common environmental issues and development challenges facing them due to our region’s rapid growth and urbanization.
To accomplish our goals, E&D has six strategic initiatives for Sustainable Environmental Excellence: Materials Management, Natural Resources, Public Works, Regional Codes, Watershed Management, and Development Excellence. Click Here to Learn More.
Some responsibilities include:
- Serving as department Webmaster by leading the creation, update, and maintenance of web sites by reviewing and coordinating content for display on the web site, working with and guiding staff in the effective layout of information.
- Coordinating review of web site regularly to ensure appropriate and current information is available to the public.
- Implementing strategies to improve the effectiveness of web pages
- Producing analytics to better understand the use and effectiveness of the department’s technology.
- Leading department GIS activities by supporting GIS analysis and basic product development as well as coordinating GIS activities with the RIS department and others within the agency as needed
- Providing technical support to the department by maintaining computer hardware and software.
- Maintaining equipment inventory; and recommending maintenance/acquisition/disposal strategies for department equipment and software.
- Providing guidance and support in the planning, preparation, and execution of department events.
- Developing, publishing, and marketing creative outreach materials needed to support department programs to improve and stimulate interest by other communities, professional groups, and the public.
- Planning and executing public information programs and environmental awareness campaigns. Includes coordination of materials and content with external stakeholders. Develops, coordinates, and directs the production of video, photographic, artwork and illustrative products (such as logos, fliers, invitations, presentations, mailers, messages, and websites)
- Managing marketing databases and being a contact with advertising outlets
- Researching and writing scripts, conducting interviews, editing, publishing, and marketing the end product ensuring the completeness and accuracy of printed and online materials and timeliness of project activities and products.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation of criteria for obtaining results
- Strong Interpersonal skills to work across the department and with external partners
- Proficiency in GIS, web design and development and multimedia production programs
- Bachelors degree in a related field.
- 2 years of related experience
- $52,522.00 – $70,900.00 depending on experience, skills and education.
- FLSA – Exempt
- Flexible work schedules – Based on performance, job duties, and business requirements
- Health – We provide an outstanding package of health and life benefits for employees, with coverage available for their families. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as basic and optional life, long term disability, and flexible spending accounts. Our Full-Time employee health coverage is paid for 100%.
- Retirement – Full Time employees participate in the (401a) Retirement Plan offered through MissionSquare by payroll deduction with employer match at 12%.
- Work-Life Balance – At NCTCOG we want you to achieve a balance between your work and your home life. You’ll receive vacation days, holidays, and personal days to use as you choose.
- Professional Development – We view employees as our most valuable resource and promote the professional development of each individual. At NCTCOG employees receive the support and resources to reach their full potential.
- Opportunities include tuition reimbursement, paid membership in professional organizations, and a wide range of training opportunities.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Level of Education
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer