The North Central Texas Council of Governments is searching for a Chief Human Resources Officer to provide leadership in developing and executing Human Resources strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization. The CHRO will specifically lead in the areas of policy and process development, succession planning, change management, organizational and performance management, talent management (including recruiting), management, benefit and retirement programs, training and development, and compensation. Other duties include compliance oversight, assisting on special projects and supervising personnel and provide overall leadership and guidance to the Human Resources function.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Establishing and implementing Human Resources efforts that effectively communicate and support the agency’s strategic vision.
- Developing Human Resources plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall agency business objectives.
- Leading a team of Human Resources professionals
- Working closely with key leaders to develop and implement people strategies focused on business priorities.
- Counselling Directors and Senior Managers consistent with policies, practices, legal considerations, etc. and facilitate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Working with a variety of organizational leadership to build consensus around HR strategy and tactics; have a demonstrated background in talent management and leadership management; as well as have a proven ability to attract and retain outstanding talent and assemble and motivate high performance teams.
- Maintaining knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Overseeing, advising, consulting and serving as a member of the retirement committee in the development and execution of short-term and long-range plans for the Agency’s retirement benefit plans
- Partnering with department leaders to create, maintain and implement an environment of equal employment opportunity, diversity, equity and competitive advantage in support of the Agency’s diversity and inclusion strategic plan.
- Overseeing and promoting proactive approaches using the Agency’s HRIS to solve business needs/problems, while also enhancing the understanding and acceptance of the HRIS capabilities.
- Overseeing, advises and recommends changes in benefit programs, including insurances. Oversees the management of plan communication, enrollment and administration for discretionary benefits, paid time benefits, retirement, and other benefit programs.
- May provide support and advisory assistance to Agency personnel pertaining to the interpretation and implementation of all policies and procedures pertaining to Title VI and other federal compliance programs.
The ideal candidate possesses the following attributes and skills:
- Is an excellent communicator, self-assured with the ability to exercise a high degree of common sense and sound judgment and be comfortable making internal presentations such as supervisory trainings.
- Has the ability to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, and implement recommendations in support of human resources
- Can research, collect, compile, and analyze information from various sources on a variety of specialized human resources topics; prepare comprehensive records, reports, and summaries to present and interpret data, identify alternatives, and make and justify recommendations.
- Provides professional coordination in support of human resources functions and programs including recruitment, selection, performance evaluation, training, staff development, classification, job evaluation, benefits, employee relations, workers compensation, management, and salary administration
- Is seen as an open, honest, ethical, and direct individual with a respect for dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to apply advanced principles and practices of performance management, training, and staff development.
- Seven years of experience in a Human Resources role with strong generalist background in all aspects of Human Resources.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; able to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for Executive Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or other related field of study is required.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at email@example.com.
Category: Employee Relations
Job Location: 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX
Tracking Code: 1182-153
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer