The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is seeking a Business Analyst for the Business Solutions Team. This position will support and assist with project development, management, and implementation, through collaborative coordination and a customer-focused approach.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide support to the Business Solutions Manager on key projects through performing primary research, reviewing documents, interacting with other stakeholders performing technical analyses with subject matter experts, composing drafts, obtaining internal review approvals, then producing final documents for distribution
- Serve as a business analyst to help customers find solutions for their business needs by meeting with the customers, defining business problems, defining and documenting solution objectives, eliciting and documenting functional and non-functional requirements, and implementing applicable solutions including, enterprise software including but not limited to, Microsoft Teams/SharePoint and/or Laserfiche, where applicable and as determined by the business need.
- Researching, documenting, developing, and revising written policies, procedures, business process diagrams, and automated workflows; developing creative and workable solutions to complex problems, and/or configuring applicable systems to align with desired business outcomes.
- Identify project risks/issues and develop strategies to mitigate or avoid them with a holistic approach to problem-solving.
- Preparing operations and procedures manuals to assist staff in operating more efficiently and effectively.
- Assist with the development and creation of training materials and documentation that explains the functionality of various systems and how to use them; Train and support system users, identify business problems and implement new and modified business solutions that can be best addressed using applicable systems.
- Functional understanding of capabilities of enterprise applications including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Smartsheet, Laserfiche and is able to incorporate these into business solutions where appropriate
- Familiarity with flow-charting software or design
- Detailed project management and tracking
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and multi-tasking capabilities
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong listening skills
- Requirements gathering experience
- Ability to be flexible and react positively to changing directions and evolution of projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Applicants should possess a strong desire to learn and grow as a part of the team, and should display initiative to take on new projects and see them to completion.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years related experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration or related field is preferred
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Category: Business Solutions
Job Location: 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX
Tracking Code: 1183-153
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer