About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being of our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for planning٫ evaluating٫ designing and implementing the agency's budgets and related budget policies, procedures, and information systems.
- Provide technical assistance on budget issues to program management and will train all pertaining agency employees on budget policies & procedures.
- Develop and maintain the annual cost allocation plan for the agency and guide cost analysis processes by enforcing policies and procedures; it will provide trend analysis, forecasts, budget status reports, board reports, and other management reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
Do you have…
- 5 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, schools, or in job-related duties.
- Governmental finance/accounting experience.
- Graduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a closely related field.
- 8 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, schools, or in job-related duties.
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.