Social Services –> Aging Services
616 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, Texas
The purpose of this position is to provide telephonic information, referral and assistance to older callers and their caregivers who are seeking social and/or health services. The consists of assessing callers’ needs and appropriate response modes; evaluating appropriate resources; indicating organizations capable of meeting those needs; providing enough information about each organization to help callers make informed choices; locating alternative resources when services are unavailable; linking the caller to needed services; and following up on referrals to ensure the service was provided.
Other duties include gathering and organizing resource information to ensure its completeness and accuracy and entering client data into reporting software.
- Excellent active listening skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse callers who may have disabilities and/or limited English proficiency
- Ability to assess callers’ needs by asking series of questions to determine root causes
- Ability to explain programs that may be complicated in plain language
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to document work activity timely and completely
- Excellent organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years related work experience.
- At least two years’ experience providing information, referral and assistance services preferred.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local social service/health programs, such as Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Administration, Area Agencies on Aging, and/or Aging and Disability Resource Centers preferred.
- Bi-lingual ability (English and Spanish) preferred.
- Flexible work schedules – Based on performance, job duties, and business requirements, hybrid work environment, may include remote work opportunities
- Health – We provide an outstanding package of health and life benefits for employees, with coverage available for their families. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as basic and optional life, long term disability, and flexible spending accounts. Our Full-Time employee health coverage is paid for 100%.
- Retirement – Full Time employees participate in the (401a) Retirement Plan offered through MissionSquare by payroll deduction with employer match at 12%.
- Work-Life Balance – At NCTCOG we want you to achieve a balance between your work and your home life. You’ll receive vacation days, holidays, and personal days to use as you choose.
- Professional Development – We view employees as our most valuable resource and promote the professional development of each individual. At NCTCOG employees receive the support and resources to reach their full potential. Opportunities include tuition reimbursement, paid membership in professional organizations, and a wide range of training opportunities.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Level of Education
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer