The Administration Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments seeks an Intern for its Projects team. The Administration Projects team is responsible for various projects including projects within the Administration Department, Agency-wide projects, and projects that span the region and state.
The Administration Projects Intern will provide general support for the Projects team with responsibilities including, but not limited to: researching technical information for special projects, documenting various processes within the Agency, coordination of meetings with committees, focus groups, etc., documentation supporting projects (i.e. meeting notes, supporting schedules, etc.), drafting correspondence both internal and external, preparing presentations, spreadsheets, and creating marketing materials, and other tasks as assigned.
This position will work a flexible weekly schedule of approximately 25-35 hours while attending school.
Please upload a cover letter and resume as one document when applying for this position.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- General business knowledge related to the financial process
- Project management experience
- Research and analytical skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and priorities with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal communication and ability to collaborate with teams
- Polished oral and written communication skills; strong writing ability; speaks and writes clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SharePoint preferred
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university in Business Administration or related major (current Master of Public Administration [MPA] students preferred)
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Location: 616 Six Flags Drive, ARLINGTON, TX
Tracking Code: 1184-153
Position Type: Intern
Equal Opportunity Employer