Job Description: Full-time, non-exempt position, B17
Specialist performs complex consultative and technical oversight for the performance and Texas Education Adults Management System (TEAMS) data accuracy and integrity for the Brazos Valley Adult Education and Literacy (AEL) program delivery. Position is responsible for assisting the Workforce Solutions Brazos Valley Board (WSBVB) Manager and WSBVB Director of Adult Education with the management and operation of the AEL TEAMS system. This position ensures that all student data is correctly entered into the Texas Workforce Commission’s (TWC) Management Information System correctly within 10 days of the activity. In addition, this position is responsible for collecting and analyzing student, teacher and classroom data on a regular basis. This position trains subcontractor staff on TEAMS as needed, which is critical for program accountability and funding. This position is responsible for collaborating with the AEL Director and Contractor staff to monitor and correct TEAMS data that subcontractor or Board staffs have entered.
This position requires extensive training in the management and operation of the TEAMS management information system and background knowledge of the Adult Education Program for program accountability, funding, and quality. This person must stay abreast of implementations and/or changes to the TEAMS system. The individual in this capacity must exhibit the ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality in handling highly sensitive student and staff data at all times. The individual in this position must be able to communicate effectively with the Workforce Board Program manager, the Board AEL program director, the Subcontractors Point of contacts, AEL career navigator, and adult education teachers and staff. The Performance Accountability Specialist must possess the ability to analyze student data and report any findings to the AEL Coordinator(s). Moreover, this position must have knowledge of grant performance indicator requirements and guidelines that address student retention, demonstrated gains, completion levels, and follow-up issues as outlined in all TWC AEL guidelines, WSBVB AEL policies and subcontractors SOPs.
Specialist will do programmatic and fiscal monitoring of AEL data in accordance with local State, and federal guidelines. Specialist will coordinates the programmatic reporting required for grants. He/She will works under general supervision, with significant use of initiative and independent judgement. The position reports directly to the Workforce Program Manager and through supervisory channels to the Executive Director.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management and operation of the TEAMS management information system
- Collects weekly source documents for data entered into TEAMS by subcontractors; organizes; reviews for accuracy; and seeks corrections as needed for all student data a multiple adult education sites.
- Analysis of performance data which include student demographics, AEL staff hours, student profile, class registration, contact hours, baseline and progress assessments, outcomes, gains, separation and achievement information as mandated by TWC.
- Write reports and recommendation based on monitoring of compliance activities
- Stay abreast of TWC reporting deadlines to ensure data is collected and entered in an efficient and timely manner by subcontractors.
- Review of all data entered into TEAMS within the month so it can be corrected without invalidating classes.
- Ensure a healthy classroom daily average attendance and student/teacher ratios are maintained and report low attendance to program Director.
- Report to AEL career navigator any students failing to attend or attend regularly.
- Collect, reviews for accuracy, correct as needed and analyzes student/instructor/subcontractor data for accuracy and completeness on a daily basis.
- Verifies that adequate, timely, and appropriate data is submitted from adult education teachers, staff and the Board.
- Monitor students who are not in compliance with minimum program hours and who do not demonstrate gain and notify AEL Coordinators and teachers to address program retention and other pertinent issues.
- Assist career Navigator with program recruitment and outreach activities.
- Collaborate with subcontractors and attend meetings to stay abreast of implementations and/or changes to the TEAMS system.
- Write and edit monthly reports for the program site reflecting overall performance in meeting contracted goals, student contact hours, outcomes, and gains.
- Maintain a highly secure location for all student records as mandated by TWC.
- Some travel within region and State required.
- May assist with preparing program budget requests.
- May assist in preparing Board policy/procedures/SOPs.
- May assist with other WSBVB or AEL program needs as ask.
- Bilingual Preferred
- Four year Degree in Computer Sciences, Education, Data Management, Planning, Social Work. Preferred
- Minimum required Associate’s degree or High School Diploma with 2 years’ experience in a position that demonstrates knowledge of complex database creation and maintenance in a network system environment is required. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree at 2 years’ experience for one year of college.
- This position requires a strong knowledge of database creation, maintenance and manipulation. Experience in spreadsheet application such as Excel and word processing applications such as MS Word are critical to this position.
- Strong working knowledge of various operating systems is imperative. Familiarity with Internet (e-mail and web access) is required.
- The individual in this position must exhibit the ability to assist with program related data problems and data related questions from subcontractor teachers and staff.
- He/she must possess exceptional written and verbal communicative skills.
- The ability to work with teachers and staff in data training information, to maintain confidentiality and work as a member of the workforce and adult education program is critical for this position.
- Wages based upon experience.
To apply please contact Dorothy Walker (email@example.com) with a resume and cover letter.
Equal Opportunity Employer