Administrative & Communications Assistant
Class No: 0152
Pay Group: A-11
Summary of Position: This is a responsible non-supervisory administrative and communications support position. The responsibilities of this position include providing administrative support to the TARC team; serving as the central communications point for the office; and managing office building facilities, equipment, supplies, and materials. The ideal applicant will be detail-oriented and well-organized with a positive, friendly attitude.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to: Communicate courteously and professionally in writing and verbally; Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of file management practices and procedures; maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information.
Skills: Receive and effectively manage work from multiple persons; communicate effectively both orally and in writing; understand and follow instructions; take accurate and complete messages; use computer software to maximize efficiency of document production; proof documents for accuracy; draft business correspondence; work independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent; bachelor’s or associate’s degree, as well as experience in public service, communications, and/or customer service preferred.
Other Requirements: Non-smoker. Occasional travel is required. Applicant must hold a valid driver’s license and be able to drive or have alternate means of transportation. Occasional early morning and/or evening work may be required.
- Provide administrative support to the TARC team to include preparing reports for outside printing or copying; making project-related calls; inputting, editing, and proofreading reports.
- Open and close office daily;
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat, and WordPress to perform essential duties;
- Assist with planning and preparing for meetings, conferences, and webinars, including member and attendee communications;
- Establish and maintain mailing lists, contact lists, and databases;
- Type reports, drafts, minutes, and other routine correspondence and communications;
- Organize and assemble special correspondence, such as supporting materials for the Board of Directors;
- Assist with e-mail correspondence, mailings, social media, and communication distribution;
- Manage office affairs, including liaising with building management, office vendors, and suppliers;
- Assist with updates of the WordPress based website;
- Generate and edit invoices as necessary;
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until position is filled. TARC is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer