Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day for 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. Serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens; our planning and service programs span a broad spectrum from transportation and homeland security planning to workforce development, assistance to the elderly, 9-1-1 service, watershed protection, and disaster recovery.
We are seeking a highly talented and driven individual to join our organization as an Administrative Assistant in our Transportation department. Through cooperation with local governments, H-GAC’s Transportation Department improves the quality of life for residents across the region.
Along with general office duties, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative tasks such as managing calendar activity; scheduling and providing administrative support for meetings both internally and externally including creating meeting agendas, preparing meeting mailouts, and taking meeting minutes; completing expense reports; and arranging travel plans. Preparation and editing of correspondence, activity reports, and other documents is also a vital responsibility of the position. From process improvement to project execution, you should be a dependable resource capable of high-quality work. If you feel you have what it takes to be successful in the role? If so we invite you to apply.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associate’s degree in Business Management, Business Administration or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Three (3) years of related experience in an administrative role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to prioritize and meet multiple sometimes conflicting deadlines.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Business Administration or a related field of study.
- Five (5) years of related experience in an administrative role.
- Experience with SharePoint, Concur, Goldmine, and Autonomy TeamSite.
- Experience assisting with committee meetings
- Experience working in various program areas that serve the public and government entities.
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer