Clerical and Administrative –> Administrative Support
The North Central Texas Council of Governments Workforce Development Department is seeking an Administrative Assistant to provide advanced administrative and clerical support to the Workforce Development Department, managerial staff and/or director. This position will provide customer service to the agency membership, public and staff, coordinate work assignments and serving as a departmental representative, The individual in this position must be flexible and able to adjust schedule to accommodate departmental needs and schedules.
Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greeting visitors, answering telephone calls, fielding external questions and maintaining staff and departmental calendars.
- Process information by utilizing word processing, databases, spreadsheets, publishing and web software.
- Opening and distributing mail, composing, proofreading, editing, formatting correspondence, faxing, scanning, assembling and/or distributing various documents including confidential and sensitive documents.
- Organizing committee, public and staff meeting activities, tracking and reporting member attendance, assisting in development of agendas, coordinating mail-outs and creating visual presentations.
- Coordinating travel arrangements by communicating with individual(s) on specific needs, preparing itineraries, preparing various forms and correspondence for travel approvals, payments and staff reimbursements.
- Maintaining paper and electronic files for easy access and retrieval, advised staff on appropriate labeling of documents as well as storage and destruction procedures.
- Coordinates special events by locating venues, securing accommodations and equipment, interfacing with vendors, monitoring attendee registration and check-ins and issuing certificates of completion.
- May coordinate work assignment of others by providing training, monitor and overseeing work products and prioritizing workloads.
- Serve as a departmental representative by attending conferences, public meetings and special outreach events, assisting with set up of display booths and/or materials at meetings and events and responding to general inquiries form attendees on departmental programs and activities.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially PowerPoint and Word
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and ability to multitask
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal and sound judgement skills
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative or technical nature that may be obtained with six-months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency.
- 1 – 3 years job-related experience.
Salary Range: $32,343.00 to $51,748.00 annually, depending on experience and qualifications.
- The position is required to be performed in-person at the Arlington location.
- Flexible work schedules – Based on performance, job duties, and business requirements.
- Health – We provide an outstanding package of health and life benefits for employees, with coverage available for their families. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as basic and optional life, long term disability, and flexible spending accounts. Our Full-Time employee health coverage is paid for 100%.
- Retirement – Full Time employees participate in the (401a) Retirement Plan offered through MissionSquare by payroll deduction with employer match at 12%.
- Work-Life Balance – At NCTCOG we want you to achieve a balance between your work and your home life. You’ll receive vacation days, holidays, and personal days to use as you choose.
- Professional Development – We view employees as our most valuable resource and promote the professional development of each individual. At NCTCOG employees receive the support and resources to reach their full potential. Opportunities include tuition reimbursement, paid membership in professional organizations, and a wide range of training opportunities.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Level of Education
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer