- Job Description
The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an entry-level Administrative Assistant to support the Transportation Department’s administrative and planning activities. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answering multi-line phone system, fielding questions, distributing messages, and directing requests to the appropriate staff
- Providing customer service to the agency membership, public, and staff
- Copying, faxing, scanning, and assembling documents
- Assisting with mass mailings
- Assisting with meeting preparations and clean up, including setup of meals or refreshments and distribution of meeting materials
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Coordinating special events as needed
- Maintaining calendars, scheduling meetings, and assisting in the coordination of special events
- Drafting, reviewing, and formatting correspondence, presentations, documents, and reports
- Adhering to records management guidelines
- Providing basic updates to website content
- Serving as a representative of the department and Agency
- Ability to operate a variety of office equipment
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Proficient in operating Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Detail oriented and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable to meet various needsRequired Experience
- Work requires knowledge of a specific vocational, administrative, or technical nature that may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency
- At least one year of job-related experienceFLSA:Non-Exempt
Minimum of $32,976.00 annually
NCTCOG is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
ARLINGTON, Texas, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer