About Houston-Galveston Area Council
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is one of the largest regional planning commissions in the country with a diverse service area of 13 counties and more than 7 million people. We are the pulse of our region addressing issues that cross city limits and county lines every single day.
We make decisions that affect our transportation system, ensure the safety and well-being or our seniors, connect people to jobs, help families recover from natural disasters, preserve water quality for our children, and so much more. We work to make the region a great place to live, work, and thrive.
What will I be doing?
Job Opportunity Overview
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 250 employees, which includes reviewing timesheets for accuracy, calculating payroll and preparing employee payroll and tax deposits. Prepare and reconcile quarterly 941 report. Maintain employee leave balances.
- Enter daily accounts receivable remittances received via check or electronic funds transfer (EFT) into the accounting system.
- Prepare payroll related reports for management which includes labor report, labor hour report, leave report and other reports as required
- Respond and interact with employees regarding payroll policies and procedures. Resolve payroll problems
Skills and Requirements
- Familiarity with automated payroll systems. H-GAC uses the MIP accounting system.
- Familiarity with automated time sheets. H-GAC has 3 different work schedules including a 9/80 and 4/10 option.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access is desired but not required.
Do you have…
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable academic discipline or related field of study
- 3 years of experience working with local government, nonprofit programs, school or in job related duties
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer