The Capital Area Council of Governments is seeking candidates for a 9-1-1 Systems Manager. The position performs highly advanced (senior-level) technical, operational, and managerial work. Work involves managing activities associated with a regional emergency services network and equipment used in the delivery and processing of 9-1-1 calls for service and associated data. Oversees, designs, and installs of multi-layered telecommunication networks. Develops and designs policy and process development, monitoring, and analysis of existing networks, call- taking hardware and software for multi-jurisdictional areas. Will evaluate and implement potential operational enhancements within legacy, VoIP, and NG9-1-1 telecommunications, analog and digital land-mobile radio platforms. Directly plans, assigns and/or supervises the work of others. Works under minimal supervision with extensive latitude for exercising initiative and independent judgment.
Will oversee and implement 9‑1‑1 operational systems and analysis work in support of 31+ Public Safety Answering Points in the 10-county region. Work involves planning, analyzing wireline and wireless telecom company emergency services, resolving problems, validating 9-1-1 database and call routing.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, information systems, telecommunications or a related field is preferred.
- Consideration of experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Minimum five years’ experience in local and/or wide area network operations and/or telecommunications is required.
- Subject Matter experience in emergency 9-1-1 telecommunications and public safety is required.
- A valid Texas Driver’s License and or other state driving license is required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in local and/or wide area network operations and/or telecommunications is required; emphasis in emergency 9-1-1 telecommunications and public safety is required.
- Minimum three years’ experience in management of a business functions or unit relevant to this position is required.
- Emergency Number Professional (ENP) or other related public safety, telecommunications, IT and/or CISCO-CCNA Platform certification is preferred.
- Communication in written and verbally is essential.
Successful completion of a background investigation and maintaining favorable CJIS clearance is required.
$64,000.00 – $94,000.00 depending on qualifications.
Visit https://www.capcog.org/divisions/administrative-services#employment-opportunities for a complete job description and CAPCOG application.
Submit a completed and signed CAPCOG application to the attention of:
Name: Leandra Martinez electronically at LMartinez@capcog.org, by mail, or fax.
Application closing date: March 31, 2020 or until closed
RESUMES WITHOUT COMPLETED and SIGNED CAPCOG APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Equal Opportunity Employer