Police/Emergency Personnel –> 911 Telecommunications
616 Six Flags Drive, Arlington, Texas
NCT9-1-1 is looking for a 9-1-1 Strategic Services Coordinator to join our growing team. In this position, you would serve as project lead for many of the program’s public safety-critical projects. You would manage the project through its entire lifecycle including planning, procurement, initiation/implementation, project/contract management, and project closeout. In addition, you would have a role in the coordination and development of other important departmental business functions including, but not limited to budgeting, strategic planning, developing documentation, and proofing/editing important program materials.
If utilizing your project management skills to coordinate projects that directly impact public safety, this job may be for you! See more details below.
Saving Lives and Making a Difference!
The North Central Texas Emergency Communications District (NCT9-1-1) is responsible for 40+ Emergency Communications Centers (ECCs) in 14 counties surrounding the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. NCT9-1-1 supports these ECCs through maintaining and upgrading 9-1-1 equipment, providing up-to-date mapping information, training the 9-1-1 Telecommunicators, educating the public on the proper use of 9-1-1, and monitoring ECC functionality and compliances. NCT9-1-1 serves a population of 1.9 million and 10,800+ square miles.
The purpose of this position is to serve as project lead, coordinating the development and execution of departmental, agency, and regional projects. This is accomplished through effective direction of resources and includes collaboration with both internal and external stakeholders (e.g. academia).
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Leading projects, conducting research, reviewing documents, performing technical analyses, proposing streamlining opportunities, and developing/writing detailed project plans.
- Managing projects through all states of the project management lifecycle including, but not limited to: planning, procurement, initiation/implementation, project/contract management, and project closeout; Determining or making recommendations on the most effective sequencing of events in order to optimize achieving project goals; Utilizing departmental project management tools; Providing executive management with updates and status reports.
- Coordinating departmental or program activities by compiling, reviewing, and distributing various department reports; operating and maintaining various computer programs and databases; providing technical assistance to other departments and outside agencies; and maintaining communications with various boards, agencies, and committees.
- Serving as copy editor, proofreader, and fact checker for departmental documents.
- Coordinating committees and representing the Strategic Services Team on various departmental and agency groups including the Digital Transformation Team.
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following qualities/qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Over three years of related experience
- Knowledge of 9-1-1 technology preferred
- Project Management certification preferred
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Level of Education
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, and compensation without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected class.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need an accommodation in order to apply for a position with NCTCOG, please contact Human Resources by calling 817-695-9234 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer