SUMMARY OF POSITION
Assist the Planning Director and Planning Manager in conducting planning projects for the region. Duties include gathering necessary data for documentation of plans, developing plans, and providing technical assistance to public and private organizations in the region; and serving as liaison to outside agencies.
Reports to: Planning Director and Planning Manager
Directs: This is a non-supervisory position
Other: Works with local, state, and federal government agencies; and has contact with program directors of the regional council, area elected officials, private firms, consultants, and the general public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Analyzes information related to general planning and transportation, such as land use policies, environmental impact of projects or long-range planning needs.
• Conducts base studies of the region’s geographic, population, and economic characteristics;
• Generates and interprets data from modeling software, geographic information systems, or associated databases.
• Reviews comprehensive and thoroughfare plans for system effects, infrastructure requirements, or compliance with applicable regulations.
• Reviews, coordinates, and evaluates transportation systems; Prepares reports and recommendations on general and transportation planning.
• Prepares proposals for grants and contracts related to regional planning and assists in the implementation of administered grants and contracts;
• Reviews, monitors, and processes plans for compliance with applicable regulations.
• Collaborates with engineers and/or planning professionals to research, analyze, or resolve planning issues.
• Provides technical support to boards, commissions, and committees.
• Responds to requests for information and acts as a resource to and liaison between local governments and other planning professionals.
• Plans, organizes, and conducts public meetings or hearings to explain planning proposals, to gather feedback from those affected by projects, or to achieve consensus on project designs. Sets up for and attends off-site meetings as needed.
Attends seminars and workshops as needed and approved; and
• Performs related duties and fulfills responsibilities as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with major coursework in community or regional planning, geography, transportation planning, civil engineering, business or public administration, economics, political science, environmental science, or a related field;
*Two years of previous planning experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Knowledge of physical planning principles and regulations; budgeting procedures; statistical research and reporting methods; GIS, MS Office, Adobe software and graphic design concepts; methods and procedures for operating computers and related equipment; standard office practices and procedures; database management practices and procedures.
Skill/Ability to: apply planning and geographic mapping techniques; conduct analytical research and present accurate, concise, and detailed reports effectively; interpret and apply broad standards and policies to programmatic operations; demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication; and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, local, state, and federal agencies, private firms, and the general public.
Physical requirements include occasional lifting/carrying of 25 pounds; visual acuity, speech and hearing; hand and eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to operate a computer keyboard and basic office equipment. Subject to sitting, standing, reaching, walking, twisting and kneeling to perform the essential functions. Working conditions are primarily inside an office environment.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
Appropriate Texas Driver’s license, current proof of automobile insurance, and available/alternate means of transportation.
RESUME AND APPLICATION SUBMISSION
Application can be downloaded by visiting: https://ctcog.org/about/careers/
Please e-mail resume and application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to:
Attn: Uryan Nelson
P.O. Box 729
Belton, Texas 76513
Equal Opportunity Employer