Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. H-GAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. H-GAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
H-GAC is seeking a Workforce Summer Jobs Monitor to join our Human Services team this summer! This position will start June 3rd. Our Human Services team works with the Workforce Solutions offices to help employers meet their human resources needs and individuals build careers, so both can compete in the global economy. The Workforce Solutions summer program is one in which eligible students and/or young adults have temporary employment at various publicly-funded summer job sites. The role of the Summer Jobs Monitor is to review and monitor the work of contractors, visit these job sites to check compliance with rules, and review the quality of the program. This individual will be charged with interviewing customers and site supervisors and writing reports summarizing findings. We are seeking an individual who is an effective communicator and has experience in quality assurance monitoring. The most successful candidate will be a self-starter who has experience working with high school and college-aged individuals.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associates degree in Education, Public Policy, Business Administration, Sociology or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Three (3) years’ experience working with school, local government, or nonprofit programs and monitoring program success.
- Must be willing to travel within 13 county region.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Public Policy, Business Administration, Sociology or a related field of study.
- Five (5) years’ experience in program quality assurance monitoring and reporting.
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer