Houston-Galveston Area Council Overview
Serving more than 7 million people in our region, the Houston Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day for 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. Serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens; our planning and service programs span a broad spectrum from transportation and homeland security planning to workforce development, assistance to the elderly, 9-1-1 service, watershed protection, and disaster recovery.
H-GAC is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our Human Services team. Our Human Services team works with the Workforce Solutions offices to help employers meet their human resources needs and individuals build careers, so both can compete in the global economy.
The Manager oversees, supports, and directs compliance and quality assurance reviews of workforce system contractors and providers. This individual will be charged with monitoring reviews of state and federal programs to interpret and provide guidance on local, state and federal rules, policies and regulations. The Manager oversees, directs, and coaches the team of staff monitors, assists in their on-going education and upskilling, and reviews their reports and recommendations for improvement. The Manager also works closely with the Contracts and Grants Administrators, the management information systems administrator, and the technical assistance staff to integrate the work of the monitoring team with staff responsible for workforce system operations. The most successful candidate will have excellent communication, writing, problem solving skills and experience in conflict management.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field of study
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Five (5) years’ experience in monitoring program operations and making quality improvement recommendations.
- Experience leading teams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be willing to travel within 13 county regions.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Graduate degree in Psychology, Sociology, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field of study
- Eight (8) years’ experience in monitoring program operations and making quality improvement recommendations.
- Knowledge of policies and regulations of applicable federal and state programs.
- Management and/or supervisory experience
Apply online via: https://h-gac.com/careers
H-GAC is an equal opportunity/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer