NCT9-1-1 is looking for a 9-1-1 Digital Training Coordinator to join our growing team! In this position, you will be responsible for the digital transformation of new and existing curriculum and presentations. Tasks will include project managing digital training development such as: seminars, online courses, eBooks, videos, blogs, and social media. Applicants must possess a knowledge of digital media and training, video, social media planning, development and implementation. If you are interested in being part of a team whose projects have a direct impact on saving lives, check out more details below.
Saving Lives and Making a Difference!
The North Central Texas Emergency Communications District (NCT9-1-1) is responsible for more than 40 Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs) in 13 counties’ surrounding the Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex. The Program supports these PSAPs through maintaining and upgrading 9-1-1 equipment, providing up-to-date mapping information, training for public safety personnel, educating the public on the proper use of 9-1-1, and monitoring PSAP functionality and compliances. NCT9-1-1 serves a population of 1.9 million and 10,800+ square miles.
The purpose of the 9-1-1 Digital Training Coordinator position is to develop and maintain digital education platforms dedicated to all areas of public safety.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Determine the educational needs of stakeholders and translate digital strategies into operational plans
- Migrate course curriculums to include digital materials and modern training techniques to target Millennials using best practices, as well as the latest technology/methods
- Research, source, write, create, update, edit, or project manage content development in the form of seminars, online courses, books, videos, blogs, or other social media content, and other resources
- Create brief education and training videos to disseminate to the public and the public safety community
- Design and deliver digital learning activities and compelling course delivery
- Manage the 9-1-1 Program’s learning management system which includes both online and in-person training options
Ideal candidates for this position will possess the following qualities/qualifications:
- Administrative experience managing online/hybrid program development and training programs
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the major learning management systems
- A skilled public speaker/presenter
- Experience developing curriculum and content including presentations and lesson plans
- Experience in developing online platforms
- LT Program Certification a plus
- An Associate’s Degree or higher, or equivalent, in a related field
- Three to five years of applicable experience
If you are excited about the opportunity to develop and manage a comprehensive training program with a big impact, go to https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/ to apply. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
New employees must successfully complete the Department of Public Safety’s F.A.S.T. (Fingerprint Applicant Services of Texas) fingerprinting process and have no adverse results prior to his/her start date.
Take Charge of Your Career and Apply Now!
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Job Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer