General Statement of Duties:
The 9-1-1 GIS Coordinator will report directly to the Assistant Director of 9-1-1 of the Permian Basin Regional Planning Commission. Responsibilities will include GIS data development, mapping, analysis and documentation. Will also perform administrative and technical work to supervise, design, develop, coordinate, expand and maintain PBRPC’s Geographic Information System. Work requires extensive contact and interface with local, county, and state agencies and the general public in order to gather, disseminate and manage geographical information.
Principal Job Duties:
- Develop and maintain accurate maps of each county in the Permian Basin. May include entering, checking or correcting various map attributes, including address points, ranges, street centerlines, right of way, political boundaries, hydrology, and various other features.
- Take Global Positioning System (GPS) coordinates of structures in counties.
- Develop and implement GIS standards, strategic and departmental plans, policies and directions.
- Work closely with each county to assist in the addressing maintenance of all structures and the revision of their county maps.
- Recommend, acquire and support GIS hardware and software.
- Provide technical database and operational support.
- Train and perform site visits with counties twice a year.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication, customer service and interpersonal skills are also a must for this position.
- High level analytical and problem-solving ability, solid writing skills, and strong oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, succeed under pressure and effectively manage time and workload.
- Basic knowledge of database management systems a major plus.
- A desire to work within a diverse, collaborative, and driven professional environment.
- Familiar with principles and practices of mapping coordinate systems, projections and scale.
- Familiar with principles and practices of database structures, design and database management.
- Ability to interpret local, state or federal regulations. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with law enforcement officials and agencies, local and state officials and staff, telephone company staff and private sector entities.
Certificates and Licenses Required:
- Appropriate Texas driver’s license and proof of automobile liability insurance.
Closing Date: Until Filled.
Please submit resume to:
Permian Basin Regional Planning Commission
P.O. Box 60660
Midland, Texas 79711-0660
Equal Opportunity Employer