The purpose of this position is to coordinate, train and prepare basic Police recruits to become state licensed peace officers. This is accomplished by teaching Police related courses, identifying and recruiting potential instructors, developing course content, writing performance appraisals for students and conducting physical fitness training. Other duties include instructing in-service training, facilitating group discussions and practicals and developing class and training schedules.
- Teaches police related courses by preparing curriculum mandates
- Identifies and recruits potential instructors by networking with other related agencies
- Develops course content by maintaining knowledge of current trends in Policing
- Writes performance appraisals for students by monitoring student progress
- Conducts physical fitness training by performing physical fitness protocols with recruit officers
- Instructs in-service training by preparing course materials
- Facilitates group discussions and practicals by observing student performance in practical exercises
- Develops class and training schedules by contacting instructors
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of related experience.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer