Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
The Houston-Galveston Area Council is seeking a SharePoint Analyst to join our Data Services team. The Data Services Department is the information technology arm of H-GAC and manages IT Infrastructures, system operations security, network, and telecommunications. The primary purpose of this position is to maintain and support the SharePoint environment. The SharePoint Analyst will serve as an integral part of the team by designing, maintaining and updating the SharePoint site. This individual will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of SharePoint migrations and upgrades. In this role, you will provide daily guidance and expertise to end users by investigating and resolving technical issues. The successful candidate will have proven SharePoint 2013 experience and some familiarity with SharePoint 2016.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years’ experience in IT related system administration
- Proficiency in SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint online
- Proven ability to create sites, manage permission, and monitor the performance of SharePoint
- Experience in managing projects and reporting status updates on a regular basis
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide audience and meet deadlines
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five (5) years’ experience in IT related system administration
- Strong working knowledge of SQL Server 2010/13/16, MS Office, MS Windows.
Equal Opportunity Employer