The North Central Council of Governments seeks a fiscal Supervising Senior Auditor for its Agency Administration Department to join the Risk and Compliance Division Audit team. The team provides fiscal risk, monitoring, and compliance evaluation for funding agencies in alignment with governing federal and state statutes, laws, rules, regulations, and contractual requirements.
Under the guidance of the Audit Manager, the successful candidate will ensure that monitored programs achieve intended results, resources are used effectively, waste, fraud and abuse are minimized and timely information is captured and reported. These tasks are to be accomplished with minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment and discretion.
The Supervising Senior Auditor is responsible for all aspects of fiscal examination reporting including, but not limited to, risk assessments, audited financial statement review, internal control evaluation, data analytics, preparation and implementation of work programs and determining audit effectiveness.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Supervising, training and developing Senior and Staff Auditors and Interns.
- Overseeing the review and evaluation of fiscal contract and fiscal grant compliance through review of financial records of internal Agency, Subrecipient or other third party
- Organizations to determine financial condition, level of internal control, and/or compliance with statutory requirements.
- Performing advanced financial audit examination work, and review oversight of accounting systems, internal controls, financial records and supporting documentation.
- Planning of audit examinations; preparing work programs; designing of procedures; assuming responsibility for the execution of assigned audits, sections, or tasks.
- Preparing draft and/or final audit reports, letters and memos by reviewing and analyzing responses; summarizing audit findings; making recommendations; identifying significant issues and observations; identifying areas that require follow-up.
- Determining areas for development or corrective action and proposing constructive and practical solutions and recommendations to management.
- Conducting and oversight of data analytics and statistical sampling of records.
- Developing and performing risk assessments using appropriate criteria; serving on collaborative project teams.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with ability to multi-task, communicate effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing.
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable to changing needs, conditions, responsibilities, with flexibility to change priorities quickly.
- Ability to execute a wide variety of audit examination assignments and accurately interpreting results against defined criteria under strict deadlines.
- Ability to apply internal control concepts in a wide variety of NCTCOG settings and appropriately assessing the exposures resulting from ineffective or missing control practices.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply appropriate rules and regulations as applicable to the respective funding sources, such as Uniform Guidance, Financial Manual for Grants and Contracts, Texas Administrative Code and Single Audit Act.
- Proficiency in using MS Word and intermediate MS Excel. Prefer knowledge of ACL, TeamMate, Lucid Charts, Survey Monkey, and PowerPoint
Bachelor’s Degree and 5-7 years related experience.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer