Tracking Code: 750-153
- Job Description
- The Workforce Development Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking a Sr. Operations Specialist. The responsibilities of this position are to provide technical assistance and program oversight for contracted workforce development services in compliance with the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), as well as other assigned workforce development programs. Candidates should understand the principles and practices of workforce development programs and systems and the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
- Develop, coordinate, and oversee contractor implementation of workforce program policies to ensure compliance with federal and state program rules and regulations, and best practice.
- Manage contracted WIOA, and other programs as assigned, job seeker services through provision of technical assistance to ensure contracted goals and objectives are achieved.
- Promote assigned programs and the local workforce system by participating in, or facilitating and maintaining, information sharing among community stakeholders, partners and providers.
- Attend and represent Workforce Solutions for North Central Texas in meetings, conferences and presentations related to program development and areas of responsibility at the local, state, and federal levels as necessary.
- Research and recommend strategies for workforce development which will contribute to attainment of strategic goals and continuous improvement.
- Contribute to contract and grant proposal development.
- Manage multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail.
- Required Skills
- Manage federal/state grants;
- Communicate professionally and effectively verbally and in writing;
- Creatively problem solve and find solutions;
- Manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders;
- Gather, analyze and interpret data to present ideas, conclusions, and factual data in clear and concise written and verbal formats;
- Work in partnership with others, both internally and externally;
- Identify and evaluate program and project elements;
- Work collaboratively with staff and community partners to coordinate program and project activities;
- Establish and meet designated timelines;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Must have substantial work experience (minimum of 3 years) in project/program management, developing and researching, or other work directly related to program administration and workforce development.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Job Location: ARLINGTON, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer