Tracking Code: 754-153
- Job Description:
- The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is seeking a Solutions Analyst for the Research & Information Services Department. NCTCOG assists local governments in the 16-counties surrounding DFW with recognizing regional opportunities, eliminating unnecessary duplication, and making joint decisions for sound regional development and mutual benefit.
Technology plays a critical role in the delivery of services to our communities. Do you already know Workflow or Business Process Automation tools and enjoy learning the latest developments? Does creating training guides, facilitating end user training, solving technical issues and coordinating projects make you say “Awesome”? Would you like to gather business requirements, implement process improvements and leverage foundation technology to solve those business challenges for the 4th largest metropolitan area in the United States? If you answered yes, the North Central Texas Council of Governments is looking for you. This is a technical role with a high-level of end user interaction. If you love helping people while understanding business needs, documenting and managing technology platforms, we want you to apply.
This position provides technical and functional business support to users of one or more enterprise application(s) by the Agency. This position will maintain a primary focus on a single enterprise system/application, but may also support other systems in a secondary capacity. Examples of the types of systems that may be supported by this position include, but are not limited to, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft O365, ESRI ArcGIS, and Laserfiche.
The position will serve as the primary or secondary support person to respond to help desk tickets submitted for the applicable system(s).This role may specifically manage, train, plan and deploy Office 365 tools like, OWA, OneDrive For Business, Skype for Business, MS Teams, MS Planner, Sharepoint Online and others.
Come join a team of professionals working to implement and support leading information system technologies for our region.
- Required Skills
- Act as a consultant and business analyst to help customers find solutions for their business needs, identifying goals, documenting requirements and implementing solutions.
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd level customer support functions as needed including working help desk tickets.
- Ensure service availability, coordinating with vendors and staff as needed.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop, improve and manage effective processes.
- Gather, document business requirements and implement solutions to meet and exceed requirements.
- Help establish, measure and report on metrics and technology adoption
- Create training materials and documentation that explains the functionality of the system and how to use it. Train and support system users.
- Effectively plan and execute staff and customer training.
- Recommend and track customer satisfaction and engagement guidelines
- Perform system administration tasks including, patching and upgrades, configuration changes and coordination with 3rd party vendor(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Required Experience
- Associate’s degree and 1-3 years related experience in related systems.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG. The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location: Arlington, TX, United States
- Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
Equal Opportunity Employer