- Job Description
- The purpose of this position is to provide complex administrative and clerical support in the Research and Information Services Department (RIS). This position reports directly to the department Director/CIO, while providing support to the entire department. The RIS Department provides technical and data support to internal and external customers. Excellent administrative support is crucial to RIS’s commitment to providing a high level of service.
Responsibilities might include, but are not limited to, the following
- Compose and proofread correspondence, memos, reports, contracts, and other documents
- Create and review presentations
- Take and transcribe notes
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Maintain physical and electronic files
- Review time sheets and maintain calendars
- Purchase office supplies and equipment for department
- Order information technology equipment, software, and services for agency and supported centers
- Maintain an inventory of equipment in the information technology infrastructure including desktop computers, laptop computers, telephones, servers, switches, routers, firewalls, storage devices, specialized appliances, and the like
- Support budgeting activities including tracking expenditures and preparing various reports using arithmetic operations
- Make travel arrangements and schedule training
- Serve as a liaison both internally and externally related to facilities and operations
- Assist with staffing activities including on-boarding and off-boarding
- Contact local governments and similar organizations regarding department programs
- Schedule and support meetings, including setup and take down
- Required Skills
- Follow guidelines and instructions-ranging from detailed to vague-from multiple managers and staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Productivity Suite including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, CRM, and Access is preferred
- Possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including correct vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Exercise independent judgment and work with minimal supervision
- Exhibit professionalism in all aspects of duties
- Maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills in various situations
- Complete assignments on time
- Knowledge of information technology department structure and activities is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience and 3-5 years related experience.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location
- Arlington, TX, United States
- Position Type
Equal Opportunity Employer