Tracking Code: 757-153
- Job Description:
- The North Central Council of Governments seeks a fiscal Auditor for its Agency Administration Department to join the Risk and Compliance Division Audit team. The team provides fiscal risk, monitoring, and compliance evaluation for funding agencies in alignment with governing federal and state statutes, laws, rules, regulations, and contractual requirements.
The successful candidate will join an experienced team that ensures monitored programs achieve intended results, resources are used effectively, waste, fraud and abuse are minimized and that timely information is captured and reported. These tasks are accomplished with minimal supervision, with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment. The Auditor will perform most aspects of fiscal monitoring to ensure contract and grant compliance.
This position assists with planning and performing both external and internal desk reviews, analyzing financial records, preparing draft monitoring reports, letters, memos, and process flows. Other duties include assessment of risk in various monitoring situations, performing desk reviews of Subrecipient annual audited financial statements, assisting the Risk & Compliance Division team members and accounting staff as well as providing other related services.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs external and internal monitoring desk and field review work for fiscal contract and fiscal grant compliance.
- Assists the Risk & Compliance Division through performance of the annual monitoring plan by conducting desk reviews, and other related work activities
- Utilizes work programs and procedures prepared for respective entity types as appropriate for the grant type and source of funds; researches contract specifications. Recommends changes to the monitoring procedures as appropriate
- Assists in the preparation of reports, letters, and memos by reviewing and analyzing documentation, responses and assessing non-compliance issues.
- Assists with analyzing financial records and internal controls by reviewing accounting systems and/or supporting documentation.
- Assists with the risk assessment process to identify and assign risk to Subrecipients or other types of entities/areas utilizing appropriate risk assessment criteria.
- Assists with desk reviews of Subrecipient annual financial audits by using a desk review instrument, procedure and/or checklist and ensure compliance with applicable rules, laws or regulations.
- Assists the Risk & Compliance Division team members and accounting staff by providing other functions as requested or needed.
- Ability to travel within the NCTCOG 16 county region, as well as travel infrequently out of region.
- Required Skills
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, with an ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Must exercise considerable initiative and independent analytical and evaluative judgment.
- Ability to follow instructions, work collaboratively in a team environment and independently under supervision, and within strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently, both orally and in writing, and have good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply appropriate rules and regulations as applicable to the respective funding source.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret and apply appropriate rules and regulations as applicable to the respective funding sources, such as Uniform Guidance, FMGC, Texas Administrative Code and Single Audit Act.
- Knowledge of and moderate skill in using MS Word and intermediate MS Excel. Prefer knowledge of TeamMate, Blueworks Live, ACL, Survey Monkey, and PowerPoint.
- Over one year up to and including three or more years of related conducting desk and field reviews/monitoring of compliance with fiscal grant and fiscal contract requirements or financial audits including internal control evaluations and data driven analysis.
- Contract and/or grant fiscal monitoring, fiscal compliance or fiscal audit knowledge.
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years related work experience
- CPA Candidate preferred.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG. The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location: ARLINGTON, Texas, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer