The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is seeking a Research Data Analyst for the Research & Information Services Department. The position provides complex data analysis and creates methodologies for dataset development. It also supports development and implementation of land-use, economic, and demographic predictive models.
Responsibilities might include, but are not limited to, the following
- Finding, collecting, and compiling data
- Using statistical software for data modeling and analysis
- Using GIS to analyze spatial relationships and develop datasets using both vector and raster data
- Designing and implementing methods to improve data quality
- Developing research techniques, methodologies, and procedures
- Preparing reports and presenting results
- Providing general consultation and assistance on a variety of topics including population, employment, and other socio-economic factors; commercial and residential development; and land use
- Experience with demographic, socioeconomic, economic, geospatial, and parcel data from sources such as the US Census Bureau, US Bureau of Economic Analysis, USGS, and local
- Good understanding of the factors influencing urban growth and development
- Knowledge of mathematics and statistical techniques and methods
- Experience with mathematical or statistical software packages such as R, SAS, or Matlab, preferably including programming
- Proficient in Excel, Access, SQL, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience using ArcGIS for data analysis, particularly the Spatial Analyst tools
- Demonstrated commitment to quality and meticulous attention to detail
- Willing to learn and contribute
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality products using original methodologies
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, including correct vocabulary, grammar, punctuation, and spelling
- Able to exercise significant independent judgement and work with minimal supervision
- Willing to assume full responsibility for delivery of required products to specifications and within deadlines
- Able to follow instructions, work closely with a small team, and exhibit professionalism in all aspects of duties
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Statistics, Economics, Demography, Geography, Engineering, Urban Planning, or related field(s). A Master’s degree or higher level of study is preferred.
- At least three years of directly-related experience
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer