The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking a manager for the Environmental Streamlining team to provide planning and technical expertise in support of expediting projects in the region. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing/supervising a team of professional engineers and transportation planners
- Developing and/or reviewing conceptual and preliminary designs for various transportation modes (i.e., roadway, toll roads, managed lanes, bicycle and pedestrian facilities, high-speed rail)
- Coordinating with appropriate transportation and resource agencies
- Conducting and overseeing highly technical analyses
- Participating in public involvement activities
- Delivering oral presentations
- Preparing correspondence and various documents and reports
- Strong analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate Microsoft Office products
- Familiarity with civil engineering principles, preliminary design, and constructability reviews
- Familiarity with the preparation of environmental documents under National Environmental Policy Act and appropriate state and federal laws/regulations
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods is required
- At least seven years of relative work experience
- Professional Engineer license is required
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility, and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer