Tracking Code: 687-153
The Agency Administration department is seeking a Procurement and Purchasing professional to join our team! This position will provide premier service to internal customers, assisting with reviewing procurement and purchasing options while facilitating processes and offering solutions to customer base.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Coordinating the purchase of merchandise, supplies, and equipment and services using established guidelines, rules and regulations, policies and laws; prepares, reviews, tracks and expedites purchase orders; review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy, regulations and laws. Maintain records of goods ordered and received.
- Assisting with the implementation of and supporting processes that provide timely, cost-effective, high quality contracts through cooperative and proactive procurement practices.
- Assist in the development and preparation of bid specifications; ensure requests for bids, quotes or proposals meet the minimum federal and state law requirements; coordinates the distribution of bid invitations to vendors; analyzes responses from bidders; maintain procurement files. Oversees or recommends purchase of items and awards annual contracts.
- Administers the maintenance of the procurement database and coordinates with departments and vendors to make purchases; monitor and track vendor performance; discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and others to determine cause of problem and take corrective action; develop and maintain relationships with key vendors.
- Coordinates the receiving, storing, and issuing of warehouse items, and oversees the inventory control of those items. Coordinates the disposal of surplus furniture and equipment; maintain record retention policy and coordinate destruction of records; revise and update agency purchasing, records management and emergency procedures manuals, department internet/intranet pages.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Works under minimal supervision, with latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment
Required Experience: Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO) or Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB) preferred.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Job Location: Arlington, Texas, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer