- Job Description
- The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking a Principal-level Transportation Planner to assume a leadership role in the implementation of transit projects. Specific responsibilities related to the position are outlined below. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Administering Federal Transit Administration Programs including: Urbanized Area Formula, Enhanced Mobility of Seniors and Individuals with Disabilities and other related public transportation programs
- Managing projects, including overseeing subrecipients or consultants, ensuring program compliance, and creating and maintaining project schedules, funding, budgets, contracts and reports
- Managing federal transit related assets on an ongoing basis
- Conducting capital, planning and service procurements serving as the project team lead
- Coordinating with public and private transportation providers, health and human service agencies, workforce development boards, advocacy groups, and other stakeholders in the region to promote regional transit coordination activities
- Developing and maintaining effective regional relationships
- Supporting short- and long-range transit planning efforts
- Supervising staff
- Delivering oral presentations
- Providing committee support
- Preparing and reviewing correspondence, documentation, articles, executive summaries and reports
- Required Skills
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and able to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Experience with project schedule development and tracking
- Well versed in project management and time management
- Knowledge of Federal Transit Administration programs and planning requirements desired
- Ability to work with federal, state or local transportation programs
- Good interpersonal and customer-service skills, with ability to establish collaboration
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders (elected officials, all levels of government, technical staff, interest groups, etc.)
- Ability to work with communities to develop solutions
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods (Transportation Planning, Urban/Regional Planning, Public Administration, Engineering, or related area). A Master’s degree is preferred, but not required.
- At least five years of job-related experience
Minimum of $63,104.00 per year
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location
- ARLINGTON, Texas, United States
- Position Type
Equal Opportunity Employer