Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
The Houston-Galveston Area Local Development Corporation (H-GALDC) is a certified development company (CDC) that was created in the early 1980’s by the Houston-Galveston Area Council to promote economic development and job creation throughout the 13-county Upper Gulf Coast Region of Texas. H-GALDC is growing and we are looking for a qualified, detail oriented Loan Specialist to join our team!
As a Loan Specialist your main responsibility is to process SBA 504 loans and ensure all loan documents are up to date and in compliance with SBA policies. Strong communication skills are paramount for success in this position as you will serve as the point of contact for updates on all loans in process. You will work closely with lenders to ensure all loans adhere to program requirements and clients to gather required loan documentation. Other responsibilities include preparing loan packages for submittal to underwriting, verifying collateral and perfecting liens. The ideal candidate would be one who has experience working with financial documents such as credit reports, insurance documents, and bank statements. Experience processing and servicing Commercial and/or SBA loans is preferred.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Three (3) years of experience in servicing and/or processing loans.
- Exposure to financial documents such as credit reports, insurance documents, and bank statements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications and loan tracking and servicing systems.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related field of study.
- Five (5) years of experience in servicing and/or processing loans.
- Experience in processing and servicing Commercial and/or SBA loans.
Equal Opportunity Employer