Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
The Houston-Galveston Area Local Development Corporation (H-GALDC) is a certified development company (CDC) that was created in the early 1980’s by the Houston-Galveston Area Council to promote economic development and job creation throughout the 13-county Upper Gulf Coast Region of Texas. As H-GALDC continues to grow, we are looking for a talented Loan Coordinator to join our team.
As the Loan Coordinator, you are responsible for the accurate and efficient processing and servicing of SBA 504 loans. This includes documenting and tracking new loans, extensions, modifications, and liquidations. You will be responsible for updating and tracking loans to ensure compliance with SBA policies. Other responsibilities include working with customers and vendors to order, maintain and update all required loan documents. We are looking for someone who is accustomed to reviewing financial documents and preferably has a background in commercial lending and/or SBA loans. Accuracy and attention to detail are critical aspects of this job.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Three (3) years of experience in servicing and/or processing loans.
- Exposure to financial documents such as credit reports, insurance documents, and bank statements.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software applications and loan tracking and servicing systems.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five (5) years of experience in servicing and/or processing loans.
- Experience in processing and servicing Commercial and/or SBA loans.
Equal Opportunity Employer