The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking Interns to provide support in Air Quality Management and Operations. Specific projects these positions will support include Dallas-Fort Worth Clean Cities, Electric Vehicles North Texas (EVNT), Engine Off North Texas, Regional Smoking Vehicle Program (RSVP), SmartWay and Saving Money and Reducing Truck Emissions (SMARTE). Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for another Intern position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 25 hours a week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with data collection, organization, and analysis
- Assisting with Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping
- Assisting with event coordination, including both meetings and webinars
- Drafting newsletter content on energy and clean vehicle topics
- Assisting with review and maintenance of NCTCOG and Clean Cities websites
- Assisting with policy analysis
- Drafting responses to various inquiries
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to operate Windows-based computer programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access
- Sound mathematical skills
- Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment
Candidates must be attending a college/university during employment.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer