Tracking Code: 746-153
- Job Description
- Are you a critical thinker that is passionate about using data to help improve how local transit providers serve citizens? The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Intern to support transit operations activities. This individual will partner with internal staff, public transportation providers, and local governments in providing general support for the Transit Operations team. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for another Intern position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume. Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 20 hours a week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with the collection of various transit-related performance measures submitted to the National Transit Database
- Assisting with the research, analysis, and interpretation of federal regulations pertaining to compliance with federal funding
- Assisting with compliance activities consistent with Federal Transit Administration program guidelines
- Deriving insights and meaningful interpretation of data by performing analysis on various sources, including transit-related financial, service, asset and safety information
- Drafting print and electronic technical reports for submittal to the Federal Transit Administration
- Entering data and maintaining databases, calendars, and contact lists
- Preparing draft presentations synthesizing analysis, summarizing research, and providing insights
- Required Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Detail oriented, organized, and able to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Sensitivity to cultural, socioeconomic, and political issues in the community
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal staff and partner agencies
- Ability to interact with partner agencies in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to interpret Federal Transit Administration grant compliance reporting requirements
- Ability to interpret data trends
- Required Experience
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired (planning, business, public administration, engineering, or similar)
- No work experience required; at least one year of school-related experience preferred
Starting at $11.43 per hour
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility, and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location
- ARLINGTON, Texas, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer