Tracking Code: 745-153
- Job Description
- The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking Interns to provide support for fiscal- and grant-related services, especially focused on records maintenance, procurement, and contract coordination. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for another Intern position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 25 hours per week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Updating and organizing files
- Labeling and preparing documents
- Entering data into spreadsheets and databases
- Copying and scanning documents
- Compiling lists and reports
- Creating flowcharts and other process documents
- Performing data comparisons and analyses
- Carrying out general administrative assignments
- Required Skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Ability to follow instructions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Sound mathematical skills
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite. Familiarity with SharePoint a plus.
- Required Experience
- Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
- No work experience required, at least one year of school-related experience preferred
Minimum of $11.43 per hour
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility, and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
- Job Location
- ARLINGTON, Texas, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer