The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an Intern to assist in the development of the North Texas Aviation Education Initiative and the North Central Texas Aviation System Plan update. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, including other internship opportunities, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. Qualified candidates must be attending an accredited college or university while in the position and able to work at the NCTCOG offices in Arlington, Texas. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Ideal candidates should be able to work at least 30 hours per week while attending school.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supporting and assisting with marketing campaigns and outreach initiatives for youth to drive awareness and enrollment into aviation-related career fields
- Identifying opportunities for marketing and outreach to youth
- Working closely with department marketing staff to define key concepts that will translate into viable marketing initiatives
- Helping to facilitate partnerships with academic institutions
- Assisting with the assessment of the impact of aviation trends and technology advances on the region’s aviation facilities
- Assisting with the collection and summarization of data for Unmanned Aircraft Systems, Airport Operations and Air Cargo
- Assisting in the establishment and/or refinement of project scopes, goals, and deliverables
- Providing support to technical committees
- Drafting presentation and outreach materials
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and ability to handle multi-task and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment.
No experience required. Pursuit of a degree in a related field desired.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, NCTCOG has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer