- The Agency Administration Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is in search of a reliable Accounting Intern. The ideal candidate will be capable of learning our system and operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.Qualified candidate will be expected to check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.Qualified candidates will be expected to classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers. Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software. If you’re hoping to join an established agency we would love to hear from you!
- Required Skills
- Ability to multitask, collaborate and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds in a fast-paced environment
- Some accounting education preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Advanced written and oral communication skills
- Required Experience
- Must be currently enrolled in a College/University.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG. The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer