The Human Resources team seeks an Intern to join the Administration Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments. The Human Resources team is responsible for various projects including:
- Policy & Procedure Development
- Compensation Reviews
- Performance Management
- Benefits Administration
- Agency-wide projects
- Projects that span the region and state.
This position will work a flexible weekly schedule of approximately 30-35 hours, with potential assignment beyond September 30, 2018.
The Human Resources Intern will provide support for the Human Resources team with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Coordinating the distribution of information
- Documenting, developing or improving workflow processes within the HR team
- Coordinating internal administrative support work
- Assisting the administration of our newly implemented Learning Management system
- Engaging in the completion of HR related monthly reporting
- Researching information for special projects
- Coordination of meetings and documentation supporting special projects (i.e., meeting notes, supporting schedules, etc.)
- Drafting internal and external correspondence, preparing presentations, and creating marketing materials
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Currently enrolled in a 4-year university or graduate program in Human Resources, Communication, Business Administration, or other related majors
- Detail-oriented and the ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- General business knowledge related to human resources and marketing
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Current enrollment required in a 4-year university or graduate program in Human Resources, Communication, Business Administration, or other related majors
- Work requires knowledge in a general professional or technical field that may be obtained with six months/one year of advanced study or training
- Work experience is not required
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer