The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking a versatile Grants and Contracts Coordinator to support grant-related services for its transportation and air quality programs. Applicants with a strong interest in several of the following areas are encouraged to apply: grant and contract support, grant and contract interpretation, financial analysis, data management, data validation, customer service, accounting, compliance monitoring, procurement or documentation of procedures. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter describing applicant’s interest in the position, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing support to project managers and other staff in the implementation of transportation and air quality grant-funded projects
- Ensuring compliance with local, State, and federal laws and guidelines as well as internal processes and procedures
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the department budget and the Unified Planning Work Program by recording and summarizing data, compiling documentation, and preparing reports
- Communicating with consultants and partners through drafting of transmittals, agreements, and other methods of communication
- Reviewing and recording information regarding financial expenditures, agreements, approvals, funding awards, report submittals, and other actions
- Reviewing and processing consultant, sub-recipient, or vendor invoices and other payments
- Updating and summarizing financial status information and other data
- Assisting in the development of tools to support project implementation and management in line with existing procedures
- Assisting with procurement of consultants and other products and services
- Maintaining project records
- Providing general project support
- Must be detail oriented, highly organized, with an ability to multi-task and work well in a team environment
- Solid mathematical skills with an emphasis on financial analyses preferred
- Ability to follow instructions and apply lessons to multiple situations
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Work requires broad knowledge in a general professional or technical field, which is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor’s degree
At least one year of job-related experience
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer