Performs moderately complex (journey-level) computer systems analysis work. Work involves analyzing user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing systems. May train others. May supervise the work of others. Works under general supervision with limited latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Designs and implements new or revised methods that effectively meet agency needs.
- Analyzes and tests new or existing procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure accuracy of 9-1-1 mapping
- Incorporate new roads into our data for dispatchers and elected officials
- Assign addressing in the rural parts of the county
- Create detailed mapping for our region
- Work with surveyors and developers for assigning proper block ranges in our region
- Create the necessary paper work for citizens wanting to name roads in our region
- Ensure proper ESN’s and fire boundaries
- Provide mapping of fire hydrants to our local fire departments
- Print and create map books for our three-county area
- Provide technical assistance to dispatchers and local elected officials
- Provide field coordination and planning for the effective use of management information systems
- Prepares charts, diagrams, tables and flowcharts
- May assist user in design, development and maintenance of various computer applications
- May train others
- Performs related work as assigned
Experience in systems analysis and design work. Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in computer science, computer information systems or management information systems is generally preferred. Education and experience may be substituted for one another.
Knowledge of the limitations and capabilities of computer systems and of the techniques used in the design of non-automated systems, of information technology equipment, of applicable programming languages, of computer hardware and software, of computer operating systems, of writing program code, and of automated mapping. Skill in solving problems, in scheduling testing, installing and implementing programs and in troubleshooting computer systems. Ability to analyze systems and procedures, to write and revise standards and procedures, to communicate effectively and to train others.
How to Apply EMAIL APPLICATION / RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
or FAX APPLICATON / RESUME TO: 409-347-1953
Equal Opportunity Employer