The North Central Texas Council of Governments Transportation Department is seeking an entry- or mid-level Transportation Planner to support the goods movement planning program. This individual will work with other programs to develop and implement strategies to support economic development, sustainable development, transportation safety, and air quality initiatives. This individual’s official position will be classified as a Transportation Planner I. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for the mid-level Freight Planner II position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing experience relevant to the areas outlined below, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following
- Assisting with freight/goods movement studies
- Assisting with freight/goods movement system and corridor planning
- Assisting in the development of efficient freight planning solutions for the North Central Texas region
- Assisting with technical analyses related to safety, operations, and traffic
- Participating in data collection, maintenance, mapping, and analysis activities
- Assisting in the development of goals and objectives, work plans, and strategies
- Preparing various presentations and documents
- Updating Website information
- Planning and attending meetings, events, and workshops
- Freight/goods movement knowledge/experience, with an interest in regional planning
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong technical skills, including data analysis
- Geographic Information Systems experience desired
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods (e.g., Transportation Planning, City and Regional Planning, Logistics Planning, Supply Chain Management, Geography or a related area)
- One year of job-related experience or less
- Minimum of $36,976.00 annually
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
NCTCOG is recognized as a military-friendly employer and values the knowledge, experience, and skills acquired during your military service career. All qualified veterans are invited to apply.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer