Central Texas Council of Governments in Belton, Texas is looking for an Emergency Services Generalist to assist a staff of three, which includes working very closely with the Emergency Services Program Manager, 9-1-1 PSAP Coordinator, 9-1-1 Operations Coordinator, and Office Manager. This position will be full-time with benefits.
• A High School degree/GED or equivalent.
• 2 years of College or an Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
• Can substitute 5 years’ experience with similar staff load and or administrative assistance experience for education requirement
• Must be intermediate to advanced skill level on all Microsoft Office software, which includes PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
• Experience in Homeland Security, Emergency Management, Law Enforcement, and/or 9-1-1 Telecommunications preferred
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated Human Resource skills
• Appropriate Texas Driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current vehicle insurance
• Knowledge of grant writing preferred
Duties will include:
• Filing, copying, scanning, and general research
• Keeping an updated list of fixed assets inventory
• Creating formal word documents, powerpoint presentations, manage Outlook invites, calendars and calendars invites
• Keeping files on the multiple servers organized
• Assist with creating presentations for Committee meetings
• Assist staff with meeting packages, agendas, and other necessary documents
• Maintain and track office supply inventory
• Answer general phone line to the department and transfer to the needed department
• Assist with front desk duties
• Travel as necessary and approved, not limited to business work hours
• Assist Homeland Security, Criminal Justice, and 9-1-1 staff as assigned by the Emergency Services Program Manager
Other Important Duties
Performs such other related duties as assigned; compliance and efficient execution of emergency support service – related tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of methods and procedures of operating computers and related equipment. Standard office practices and procedures. Demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication. Maintain effective working relationships with office staff, local government, public safety agencies, postal employees and the general public.
Equal Opportunity Employer