Summary of Position
Supervises the maintenance of 9-1-1 telephone and address databases for emergency telephone service within a seven-county area (Bell, Coryell, Hamilton, Lampasas, Milam, Mills, and San Saba). Responsible for Geographic System (GIS) based data maintenance, mapping, and analysis. This position serves as the point of contact for 9-1-1 addressing services.
- Reports to Planning & Regional Services Director
- Directs: This is an non – supervisory position
- Other: Has regular contact with various agencies, 9-1-1 center personnel, area elected officials, private firms, consultants, and general public.
Examples of Work
- Serve as backup to GIS and database related updates and exports needed through collection and verification of multiple data sources;
- Respond to customer inquiries by phone, email, and in person;
- Attendance of 9-1-1 Public Educators meetings and execution of Public Education functions as assigned;
- Serve as backup to addressing process and resolves any errors with addressing entities;
- Travel as necessary and approved, not limited to business work hours;
- Prepares administrative reports within expected timeframes; efficient and timely follow-through;
- Serve as point of contact public education materials to include ordering, maintaining inventory and distribution;
- Assist in all 9-1-1 staff as assigned by the Planning & Regional Services Director;
Other Important Duties
Performs such other related duties as assigned; compliance and efficient execution of emergency support service – related tasks.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of methods and procedures of operating computers and related equipment. Standard office practices and procedures. Demonstrate proficiency in both oral and written communication. Ability to supervise the work of others. Maintain effective working relationships with office staff, local government, public safety agencies, postal employees and general public.
Acceptable Experience and Education
- A High School degree/GED or equivalent.
- Four years’ experience in working with office environment.
- Experience working in a 9-1-1 office environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to delegate, monitor, and evaluate complex and technical programs.
- Demonstrated Human Resource management skills.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Certifications and Licenses Required
Appropriate Texas Driver’s license or available alternate means of transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
This institution is an equal opportunity employer
Please email your resume and CTCOG application to: Carmen.email@example.com
Or mail to:
Attention: Carmen Lim
PO Box 729
Belton, Texas 76513
Equal Opportunity Employer