North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking a part-time Intern to provide support to the Department of Emergency Preparedness. Responsibilities may include creating and maintaining project databases and spreadsheets; supporting program leads in mitigation planning, homeland security grant coordination and emergency preparedness; regional working group/committee support; providing technical assistance for outside agencies; assisting with training and exercise; committee meeting setup, preparation, and support; maintaining, creating and distributing various reports; and consulting with departmental staff, regional stakeholders and jurisdictional representatives concerning issues supporting regional emergency management.
- Ability to conduct research, analyze and/or present the results for further evaluation
- Grant Research/Opportunities
- Draft reports based on historical data, research, and surveys
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to format data into published product
- Data analysis for surveys conducted
- Detail oriented with ability to critically analyze plans, documents, and presentations
- Present findings to staff, leadership, and Director of Emergency Preparedness, as needed
- Knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and/or experience assisting with mitigation plans, homeland security and terrorism prevention initiatives, and training and exercises is preferred
Work requires knowledge in a general professional or technical field that may be obtained with six-months/one year of advanced study or training past the high school equivalency. Must be attending an accredited college or university during employment. The pursuit of a degree in Emergency Management or Public Administration is preferred, but not required.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background checks in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer