Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
We are looking for a Contract Specialist to join our Public Services team and work directly with Cooperative Purchasing in the HGACBuy program. The HGACBuy Program is a government-to-government procurement service that strives to provide excellent customer service by assisting local governments in procuring goods and services through competitively priced contracts. As the Contract Specialist you will be charged with producing contracts from an established contract template for goods and services to be purchased by government entities nationwide through the HGACBuy program. In this role you will serve as the point of contact for current and potential vendors providing them information and clarification of terms, contract language and procedures. The Contract Specialist is the receiver and keeper of original bid documents, is responsible for securing them as mandated by law until bid opening, and is an active participant in pre-bid/pre-proposal conferences and bid/proposal openings. This individual will provide a high level of customer service to current and potential end users providing them with information on contracts and eligibility. Impeccable attention to detail, a strong level of communication and customer service skills are essential for success in this role.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Associates degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Public Service/
Administration or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education
- Three (3) years experience in reviewing standard contracts, agreements, service agreements or similar documents.
- Experience in providing both written and verbal customer service to end users or clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook along with exposure to document control and/or tracking software.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, Public Service/Administration or related field of study.
- Five (5) years experience in reviewing standard contracts, agreements, service agreements or similar documents.
- Exposure to working with government and inter-local contracts.
Equal Opportunity Employer