The Transportation Department of the North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an entry- or mid-level Commuter Outreach Specialist to support the Travel Demand Management (TDM) Program, which focuses on promoting alternative commute options to reduce roadway congestion and improve air quality within the North Central Texas region. This position will assist in activities related to promoting alternative commute options such as carpooling, vanpooling, transit, biking, walking, telecommuting, and flexible work schedules; all strategies that reduce the demand for drive-alone travel on regional roadways. The selected individual’s official position with the Agency would be as a Transportation Planner I and this posting is for the entry-level Planner I position. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. To be considered for the mid-level Transportation Planner II position or any other NCTCOG position that may currently be open, applicants need to apply online separately for those postings. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting with the oversight of the Regional Vanpool Program and Employer Trip Reduction Program
- Assisting with the oversight of TryParkingIt.com, the region’s commuter tracking and rideshare website, and the associated commuter rewards program
- Assisting the public with Try Parking It requests and ride-match inquiries
- Assisting with the development of TDM outreach materials and awareness campaigns
- Assisting transit agencies with TDM related data requests
- Assisting with coordination activities for transit agencies, major employers, and the public on TDM projects
- Assisting with the production of annual performance reports for regional TDM programs
- Assisting with the creation and maintenance of TDM related databases
- Assisting with TDM research and data collection efforts
- Assisting in the completion of monthly staff status reports
- Assisting with the review and approval process of TDM program invoices
- Preparing and delivering oral presentations
- Assisting with the maintenance of the regional park-and-ride facility inventory database
- Producing and working with supervisor to interpret data, charts, maps, and reports
- Drafting memorandums, letters, documentation, progress reports, articles, and annual reports
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented, organized, and the ability to multi-task
- Good critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Outlook
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical, quantitative methods
- One year of job-related experience or less
Salary: Minimum of $36,976.00 annually
The North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) is a voluntary association of, by and for local governments, and was established to assist local governments in planning for common needs, cooperating for mutual benefit, and coordinating for sound regional development. NCTCOG’s purpose is to strengthen both the individual and collective power of local governments and to help them recognize regional opportunities, eliminate unnecessary duplication, and make joint decisions. Since 1974, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Metropolitan Planning Organization for transportation in the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for developing transportation plans and programs that address the complex needs of the rapidly growing area. The planning area for transportation includes the 12 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Parker, Rockwall, Tarrant, and Wise.
The agency offers generous benefits, a friendly atmosphere with open communications for cooperative decision making, and challenging opportunities. The environment encourages both individual and team growth, responsibility and innovation.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer