Since 1966, the North Central Texas Council of Governments (NCTCOG) has served as the Regional Planning Organization for the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area and is responsible for assisting local governments in planning for common needs. The planning area includes the 16 counties of Collin, Dallas, Denton, Ellis, Erath, Hood, Hunt, Johnson, Kaufman, Navarro, Palo Pinto, Parker, Rockwall, Somervell, Tarrant, and Wise.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments is seeking an individual to support the Environment & Development Department’s community outreach and public involvement programs. Typical initiatives include contributing to outreach and communication efforts related to environmental projects and programs by developing web, social media, and publication content, assisting with elements of marketing/outreach campaigns, and supporting public meetings and outreach events. Applicants wishing to be considered for this position should apply online at https://mycogcareer.silkroad.com/. All submittals should include a cover letter summarizing work experience, as well as a current resume.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creating graphics, flyers, handouts, banners, and other media assets to promote department programs
- Researching, developing, and publishing web site, social media, and publication content
- Coordinating newsletters and managing mass email communications
- Researching new opportunities and best practices for expanding public engagement including social media, traditional print, online publications, and new media
- Coordinating and supporting a department presence at community outreach events, training events, and public meetings
- Attending, photographing, and documenting outreach events and efforts
- Maintaining reports on the reach and effectiveness of social media and websites
- Assisting in developing and maintaining databases, including entering and managing data
- Designing and promoting print and online polls or surveys
- Quantification of communications/outreach efforts through data tracking and analysis
- Leading the development of marketing/outreach campaigns including but not limited to concept development, copy writing, designing assets, and media planning and purchasing
- Monitoring environmental news
- Supporting department staff with a variety of projects and programs
- Serving as a representative of NCTCOG’s goals and mission
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher, and Outlook
- Graphic design skills with proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite software including Photoshop and Illustrator
- General knowledge of social media as a tool to engage the public
- Public speaking
- Detail oriented, organized, and creative
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and tight deadlines
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years experience in related field required.
NCTCOG is an equal opportunity employer/program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other classifications covered under federal, state, or local laws. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. All candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and national criminal background check in order to receive an employment offer from NCTCOG.
The North Central Texas Council of Governments participates in the federal E-Verify program in order to verify a new employee’s authorization to work in the United States. Applicants must be lawfully authorized to work in the U.S.
Job postings are kept open for a minimum of 10 calendar days and may close anytime thereafter at the discretion of the hiring manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer