Serving more than 6 million people in our region, the Houston-Galveston Area Council is the cornerstone to address issues that cross city limits and county lines every day. HGAC is made up of 13 county governments, 107 cities, and 11 school districts. HGAC prides itself in serving as an instrument of local government cooperation, promoting the region’s orderly development and the safety and welfare of its citizens.
The Houston-Galveston Area Local Development Corporation (H-GALDC) is a certified development company (CDC) that was created in the early 1980’s by the Houston-Galveston Area Council to promote economic development and job creation throughout the 13-county Upper Gulf Coast Region of Texas. As H-GALDC continues to grow, we are looking for a talented Business Development Officer to assist in building our portfolio.
The Business Development Officers main responsibility will be to identify, solicit and close on new SBA 504 loans. We are looking for someone who can develop a wide network of referral sources and lead the growth of the H-GAC Local Development Corporation. This individual will be charged with planning, hosting and leading marketing and training events in regards to the SBA 504 program, processes and requirements. The successful candidate must have business development or sales experience with a financial institution and have a strong understanding of SBA regulations and SBA 504 loan requirements. Strong communication, analytical and relationship building skills are vital for success in this role.
The successful candidate will have at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field of study.
- Applicable experience may substitute for education.
- Five (5) years’ experience in business development or sales for a financial institution or comparable industry.
- Working knowledge of SBA regulations, SBA 504 loan requirements, and application procedures.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Master’s degree in Business, Finance or a related field of study.
- Eight (8) years of experience in business development or sales for a financial institution or comparable industry.
- Two (2) years’ experience with an SBA Certified Development Company.
Equal Opportunity Employer